Internal Foodies

Getting to know us…

We employ 90 internal foodies – give or take – who are lovin’ their job, so they say! If you genuinely want to get to know us on a deeper level, enjoy our stats below.

Blackened or Brown?

84% of us fight over the perfectly toasted golden brown marshmallow. The other 16% like it totally burnt.

Food Labels?

Only one of us admits to being OCD about reading food labels. 10% are vegetarian and 70% total carnivores. We’re not sure about the other 20%.

Feelin’ the Love:

When we asked our employees, “What’s the best part about your job at Newport Ave. Market?” The overwhelming response was, “The people I get to work with.” 

Don’t even think about it!

We all love to share, for the most part. However, don’t even bother asking for my Starbursts or my Cheez-its, hands-off my sushi, get your own enchilada, you touch my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and you die, you grab even one of my Cool-Ranch Doritos and you put your life in danger, and stealing a piece of my bacon is grounds for termination!

The most important meal of the day?

Breakfast. Over 45% of us eat breakfast at breakfast-time every day; 21% eat it most of the time; 25% grab it as they are running out the door; and the folks who work the closing shift? Well… they sleep until lunch time.

Got Milk?

We moo! Most of us like 2%, but others go for the full monty and drink whole milk. And, there are a few of us who enjoy Coconut, Almond, and Soy Milk.