07 May Mother’s Day: Baskets & Bouquets!
Just give us a call and tell us a little about the special Mom you’re giving the basket to and our experts will gather the perfect items, within your budget, to make the most impressive gift basket you or your Mama has ever seen!
You can include favorite foods or kitchen items or build a basket based on a theme. Some theme ideas include:
- Staycation Relaxation
- Chocoholic’s Dream
- Cocktail Queen
Ideas for items to include in your Mother’s Day basket:
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Ocean Rolls
- Special Cheese
- Nut Butter
- Special Salt
- Flavored Vinegar
- Special Handmade Pasta
- Rosemary Potato Crackers
- Ingredients for Her Favorite Cocktail or Margarita
- Tea Towels
- New Knife
- Banana Bread
- BBQ Skewers or Party Picks
- Cutting Board
- Wine or Champagne
Mimosas are a delicious blend of sparkling wine and orange juice. They are simple, fun, and a perfect treat to serve your Mom on her special day.
- Sparkling wine
- Newport’s Own Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
Did you know that there are many variations for mimosas? Here are a few ideas to add color and flavor:
- Add a splash of cranberry, pineapple or pomegranate juice.
- Replace some of the orange juice with blood orange or grapefruit juice.
- Add chopped fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries and orange slices.
Add a tablespoon of liqueur like Grand Marnier, Chambord or whiskey.
When you’re making a mimosa, always add the sparkling wine first, then top with orange juice. This way, the cocktail mixes together on its own and won’t make a sticky mess at the top of the glass. You don’t need to stir, as this will cause the wine to become flat.
Mom’s Day Mimosa
Prep 5 minutes
Total: 5 Minutes
- 1 (750 ml) bottle chilled dry sparkling wine
- 3 cups (750 ml) chilled orange juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Grand Marnier, Chambord or whiskey
- strawberries, blueberries and orange slices
Fill 8 champagne flutes 1/2 full with chilled sparkling wine. Top with orange juice. If you are using it, add 1 tablespoon of Grand Marnier to each glass.
Tray options for those who may not have the special equipment.
- Cover a rimmed cookie sheet with a pretty tea towel
- Use a nice-looking cutting board
- Make your own tray – add handles to a wooden box
- Use a shallow basket
Make it extra special, add a colorful napkin or doily to your tray and write a note on a card or napkin!
Make it easy, colorful, and above all, make it a surprise!
Floral Ideas – From Erika (our floral expert)
- Calla Lilies
- Roses always say I love you