20 Sep Fall Chinook; King of the Columbia
Fall Salmon Season is upon us, and we’ve got you covered on Columbia River Kings at some of the best prices of the entire year. These fish are large, firm, and have the perfect amount of marbling, giving you that creamy flavor you love, and the dose of omega-3 fatty acids you need! I know, your thinking “C’mon, Newport, I’ve been eating salmon all year!” Well, leave your lemon and dill in the fridge and fire up the grill for this fall twist on an old favorite!
All you’ll need is;
And here’s what you do with it;
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, thyme, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the onions, peaches, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the salmon and onions until salmon is opaque throughout and onions are tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- After flipping the salmon, place the peaches on the grill and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Drizzle the salmon with the vinaigrette and serve with the onions and peaches.