25 Jun The Healing Power of Lava!
Here at the Market, There are always new, original products that catch your eye. We’ve got a new product that will not only catch your eye but has so many benefits as well. Lava Love is a line of spa products containing three types of volcanic ash – bentonite, zeolite and pumice – that exfoliate and detoxify the skin.Read a little about the company and how it was founded and it might have you thinking twice about your bath products!
Lava Love was founded by Elisabeth Dunham, a writer and nutritionist who lives in Portland, Oregon. She discovered the healing power of clay after being diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease in 2008. While others diagnosed with the same incapacitating illness did not seem to recover, she healed herself over time by changing her diet and using clay baths to detoxify and regain her immune function. Once she began to heal, she went from bedridden to working full time in a matter of months.
Today, Dunham is a certified nutrition consultant who works with clients throughout the United States, Europe and Asia helping them regain and improve their health using the same gentle system. A former staff writer for major regional and national news organizations, she now writes the Healthy Home column for Oregon Home magazine. She is also the author of the guide “Lava Love: How Mother Earth Can Heal Your Body” due out in 2015.
Dunham founded Lava Love LLC with Bend, Oregon, business partner Jennifer Clifton in order to share these incredibly healing yet gentle products with the public. Lava Love contains three of Mother Earth’s best detoxifying substances – all originating from lava:
· Bentonite is a type of absorbent and detoxifying clay from volcanic ash that binds strongly to toxins such as heavy metals and other environmental pollutants.
· Zeolite is a type of volcanic mineral with a cage-like molecular structure that also binds to toxins and removes them from the surface of skin.
· Pumice is a volcanic rock that consists of highly vesicular rough textured volcanic glass, which sometimes contain crystals. It acts as an exfoliator and removes dead skin cells.
We combined these detoxifying substances – each with a different mechanism for pulling toxins from the skin – to create three products:
· Our signature Lava Love “Volcano” soap that exfoliates with the perfect amount of finely ground pumice, detoxifies and scrubs away impurities from the surface of the skin. It is simply amazing!
· A facial mask that can draw out impurities such as blackheads. It can also be used as a poultice placed directly on sore joints or over the liver or tummy for a strong detox.
· A detoxifying bath powder that clears chemicals from tap water in the tub and gives the body a gentle cleanse by drawing toxins through the pores of the skin. You leave your bath feeling grounded and relaxed.
We are beginning our product launch with our Volcano soap (above photo) in 2014. Contact us if you would like more information!
For more information about working with bentonite as a detoxifying substance, call us at 503-926-4654 or visit Elisabeth’s website at: www.elisabethdunham.com